Friday, August 8, 2008

Rise And Shine!


The habit of waking early can create dramatic positive changes in your life. I was a night owl for most of my life and couldn't bear to wake before 11am on my own. Using an alarm to wake at 7am for work resulted in an evil demon posing as me, until noon when the real me would reappear. Now, I wake up easily at 6am with or without an alarm with energy to start my day. The extra hour in the morning has been one of the best changes I've ever made in my life.

Waking early gives you valuable personal time and allows you to be more productive. The peaceful early hours of the morning quietly offer to you nothing but opportunity. You may use this time to plan your day, meditate, exercise or do yoga, eat and relax, create your daily to-do list, or just get ready earlier to avoid rushing around before you leave for work. How you prefer to use this time is up to you, the blessing is that you have the time.

Becoming an early riser is a fairly easy process. The manner you go about creating the early rising habit depends on your personality. You can be aggressive and set your alarm a full hour earlier starting tomorrow morning and will yourself out of bed. Or, you can wake 10 minutes earlier every two days until you're comfortably waking up an hour earlier. No matter your choice, the key to early rising is actually removing your body from the bed once your alarm sounds.

I challenge you to begin tomorrow morning.

No comments: